Entrepreneurship is not for everyone. It’s not for the faint of heart. It takes true grit and self-mastery to put in the hours and the work requested to succeed. Consistency and commitment while dealing with delayed gratification takes much self-sacrifice.
The average business takes 3 to 5 years to become profitable. But when you make the leap nothing is more rewarding than knowing you are on a path of creation and self-discovery.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP is first and foremost a MINDSET
- Face the truth- a job is a ticking time bomb. Your industry, the job market, and the economy can change at any second. A single income is not saved.
- Set goals- get clear on your why if your why doesn’t make you cry, then you better give it another try. Begin with your monetary goal to provide the lifestyle you desire?.
- Learn the skills- invest in yourself! The skills of entrepreneurship involve the selling of ideas and results. Many of your employee skills will no longer serve you. A formal education will make you a living and a self-education will make you a fortune.
- Have a solid routine- as an employee your boss tells you what to do. As an entrepreneur, your only boss is your calendar. Time management is a myth. Learn to work productively and manage yourself and your distractions. Do the deal and focus on income-producing activities. Delegate the small things. Don’t focus on the minors.
- Create- entrepreneur are influencers of people and creators of value. The marketplace will compensate you for the impact you have on people. The more people you impact the more you will be compensated. Think BIG and create a platform that can maximize your exposure and impact. Think leverage.
- Evaluate – refine and improve. Scale up what is working and throw out what’s not. Your goals remain the same but don’t be afraid to change your strategy. Be quick to make decisions but slow to make changes. Practice continual and never-ending improvement.
- Travel and network- attend live events and meet new people. Change your environment and get out of your comfort zone! Accelerate your learning by exposing yourself to new places, people, and ideas. Meeting others who have what you want builds belief in what is possible.